feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Indiana Elite: A glance at 2011

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

After a hard fought 61-66 loss by Indiana Elite 15AU team. I still thought they looked good. The roster is currently host to a who's who of the sophomore to be class.

6'3 Spencer Turner who finished with 24 is a heck of a player and should continue to develop over the next couple of seasons. All three local schools have watched Turner play. Marshall Plumlee, Cody Zeller and Jeffersonville High School's Evan Maschmeyer also grace the roster.



















The 6'7 Zeller (above) had 16 points and 8 boards and looked pretty mobile. Zeller is very coordinated and makes the game easier for his teammates. If he draws a double team he kicks it out and if he doesn't then it usually ends in 2. Should be a high four star player by the time his senior season rolls around. UK has watched the kid play.

After the game we caught up with the kid from Washington High school

Could you tell folks a little bit about your game?

"I just work hard every game to help my team win. Depending on what the team needs I can drive if I got a big guy on me and if I got a smaller guy on me I can post up. I just do whatever the team needs."

What do you think about the facilities here at Hoops?

"Their really nice. This is a really nice facility and hopefully we can get one close to home."

Have you even started to think about college?

"no not really, just filled out some questionnaire's."



















Plumlee (45) looks like a great defender at this point, but his offensive skills do leave something to be desired, but the kid is going into his sophomore season so he has time. I am sure that his older brothers will help the kid quickly develop.



















Evan Maschmeyer of Jeffersonville High School is expected to make a lot of noise this season. Maschmeyer is considered one of the top 2011 prospects in the state of Indiana.



















Max Landis, who attends Perrin Meridian High is also a solid player. Landis plays point guard and was playing with an injured thumb (that was hurt at the Take5) and it was clearly hampering his play. His father played college basketball and is a major influence in his life. Butler is intrigued by the fundamentally solid youngster.



















Another solid kid from the Tri-State area is Michael Nesbit from Evansville Memorial. We caught up with him as well.

Mike could you sums today's game up for folks who didn't get a chance to see it?

"We came out early played really well. In the end we didn't rebound, didn't block out. Me a little bit, but the whole team though. We just lost it after that."

What about you, what have you been working on this summer?

"I have mostly played as a post player so far in my career, but I have been working on my moves and being able to step out onto the wing and handle the ball a little bit. I have also been working on post moves and rebounding."

Have you even started to think about college?

"Evansville right now there sorta talking to me but that is pretty much it."


Year in and year out the Elite are among the top teams in the country. One thing that I do know is that Indiana,Purdue, Baylor, Indiana St. and Evansville are at almost every game played by the elite.