feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Harrison Barnes at the Hoopfest

Labels: , , ,



















Harrison Barnes Finished the game with 13 points, at least 4 or 5 assists and a huge blocked shot. Teammate 6'8 Zach Mcabe added a game high 27 points as the Iowa Attack put on the cruise control and beat The Players 81-37. Barnes is a well rounded young man, very articulate as well. Barnes did not force the action and is a very team oriented player, but was clearly a cut above the other players on the court. After the game Barnes was kind enough to field questions from everyone.

Who was the best players you seen at the Lebron Camp?

"DeMarcus Cousins and Jon Wall, they play different positions, but Wall can pass."

Coming form the Lebron Camp in a setting like that is it any different playing here, I mean it's been a tough week for you mentally and physically?

"I think it's nice to come play with these guys to ya know? I mean to come from a setting where your playing with a whole bunch of all stars everyone is kinda somewhat selfish in a respect ya know? It's kinda hard to play with them to just meeting them, but when I come back and play with my normal team and we already have chemistry. It feels nice."

Is it almost better to come back to your normal team you know because you are kind of familiar with them?

"Well they are my friends (chuckles) I had to come back and play with the friends."

When you see these coaches out here, what is it like playing in front of them,is it kind of nerve racking?

"It was nerve racking a little while ago you just kind of become accustomed to it."

Tell us about your game a little bit what are your strengths right now and what are some of the things you need to work on?

"Right now I would say my strengths are spot up shooting and just shooting in general. Pulling up coming off of screens. I'd say that my area I need to improve the most would probably be my ball handling. In college I am going to play the 2 so I really need to sharpen up my handling."

Did you learn anything at Lebron about any of those strengths or weaknesses?

"Well they taught us a lot of drills and development in camp."

I am sure that every school in the country is recruiting you, do you have any feel or an early list at all?

"Right now I am just taking my time letting my skills develop. Recruiting right now every one's equal."

As your here in Louisville you have Louisville Kentucky and Indiana all close all three have coaches here watching you, are you interested in any of those three schools?

"Kentucky and Indiana have offered me so I am assuming a lot of interest form them and I have interest in them. As far as from Louisville they might have communicated with my head coach a little bit, but they have not communicated with me."

What are you looking for in a school?

"I want a strong academic field and basketball wise just a good solid team that can make me better and where I can make other people better. Hopefully have a national championship run and then go on to the pros."

Leave home or stay close to home, does it mater?

"I haven't decided distance yet."

Whats your GPA right now?

"3.39"

What did you want to get out of this summer?

"I just want to go and win some championships at some of these national tournaments get better and get some of my teammates some scholarships."

Do you have a time frame for when you would like cut your list?

"Not at the moment."

Do you know when you would like to make a commitment?

"I would like to go on some official visits check out some schools, check out some campuses. I haven't seen many so far so I just want to go see some schools."

Academically anything in particular your looking for?

"A strong business field. I am going to go into business administration finance."

Coach Cox was in attendance. I saw scouts from Duke, IU, Memphis and a slew of Mid Major programs.


We will have more from the Hoopfest over the next couple of days